- Martin Luther King Jr
While we are so appreciative of the love and support we have received from so many people, we cannot begin to thank those that have helped us financially enough.
To be honest, we felt like if we received $1,500 to $2,000 donated to our adoption cause, it would truly be by the Grace of God, not because we didn't think we would receive help from friends and family, but because we are well aware that economic times are difficult for so many people.
To reach the levels of donations that we have received is truly Miraculous, and we cannot tell you how emotional it is for us as a family to know others are sacrificing so much to help us. God Bless Each of You.
On top of the economic difficulties many people are facing, there are also so many other worthy causes for people to assist with financially, and as we have stated many times relative to our prayers regarding this blog, our truest hope is that we are able to inspire others to do something extraordinary to help someone in need, whether that happens to be Koby and Kwame or not.
We take this request for assistance very serious and are doing all that we can to reduce expenditures (such as cooking our own dinners in the hotel kitchen while in Africa), to acquiring other sources of revenue via applying for grants/loans, etc.
We also want to ensure that we keep others that are helping abreast of exactly where the money goes in an adoption. It is one thing to simply type that adoption is expensive. It is quite another to openly share our expenses so that there is no question as to where the money is truly needed.
That being said, we will attempt to keep this list as updated as possible as expenses are incurred. Again, thank you so much for your thoughts, prayers, and aid. We are forever touched by the gifts we've been afforded from God and each of you.
- Home Study Application Fee - $1,400
- Fingerprinting (Background Checks) - $120
- Adoption Program Fee - $3,000 (1st Installment)
- Foster Care (Jan.) - $300
- Agency Fee - $2,000 (1st Installment)
- Four (4) Flight Tickets to Accra to Meet Boys - $5,200
- Required Vaccinations to Travel - $580
- Visa Applications to Enter Ghana - $320
- I-600A Application Fee - $890
- Hotel, Meals, Travel in Ghana - $1,900
- Foster Care (Feb. and March) - $600
- Foster Care (April and May) - $600
- Agency Fee - $2,000 (2nd Installment)
- Adoption Program Fee - $4,000 (2nd Installment)
- Foster Care (June and July) - $600
- Adoption Program Fee - $7,000 (Final Installment)
- Foster Care (August, September, and October) - $900
- Four (4) Flight Tickets to Accra to Pickup Boys - $6,194
- Hotel, Meals, Travel in Ghana - $520